Sunday, June 5, 2011

Misunderstood Friend


















Dear Fanny Pack,
I feel like I need to formally apologize for the snide / hateful remarks I have made about you over the last 20 years. I didn't like you in the 80's. Even though I heard people say how "handy" you were, I just couldn't get past your outside, physical appearance with all the zippers, pouches, secret pockets, etc. While you do come in various "stylish" colors and patterns, I had a hard time accepting the qualities that you offered because of your physical appearance. It wasn't until yesterday while I was running 26.2 miles that I made peace with you, dear friend. You held my platypus full of water, cough drops, pep-o-mints, lipgloss, tampons, and gu. Your zippers stayed where they needed to be at all times, and I never had to worry about losing my equipment. You were a lifesaver. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be using you again, but I thank you for your wonderful service yesterday.
~M. + Blisters 1 & 2

7 comments:

Rachael said...

That's like admitting Country music "isn't that bad" :)

Rachael said...

And I'm pretty sure you're the one who taught me to not like country music OR fanny packs.

Rachael said...

But really, if I keep running, I should get a fanny pack. They seem ultra convenient!

Rachael said...

Oooh, maybe there is something to a banana clip..

Monica said...

I'm wearing one right NOW! (a banana clip, that is).

andre'a said...

thitho, you're hilarious! I love it! (though I don't love 11:30 p.m. frantic phone calls). :)

andre'a said...

i love fannies, too! (fanny packs, that is)