Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tank



We got this cute little guy yesterday. His name is Tank (we didn't pick it) and he's a 10 month old mini doxin. He weighs 7.5 lbs. His last owners couldn't give him the attention he needs (he needs a lot), so they wanted to find him a loving family. They had several calls for him and picked us because they thought we would be the best fit for him. We feel really blessed to have him.

When I was a teenager my dad used to tell me the best way to get over losing your dog is to get a new puppy (referring to my scum bucket boyfriends). I think that principle applies with losing a loved one, too. Since Leslie passed I've gained ten pounds and I haven't been able to find my groove with out the structure of caring for her. Now I have to go on walks several times a day and am forced to get some fresh air which always makes me feel better.











The kids are thrilled to have him. He licks a lot, but has not growled or nipped once. He's perfect for our family!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

That's so cute! He looks super sweet and fun.

andre'a said...

tank you for the fun time! :) (get it? "tank?")