Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Code ADAM

Apollo's new name is ADAM after they had to call that code at walmart today. I've been a mother for 11 years, and sure I've lost my children a dozen times, but never like this.

I took Apollo to Wal-Mart with me so he could pick out a gift for Halea for secret santa that we're starting for the kids this year. I was in the makeup isle and he was getting extra excited to get out of the cart, so I let him out. He stayed close for a minute and then took off. I followed him, allowing him to keep some distance between us, but he was still in sight. Then I lost sight of him. I started calling for him loudly and he answered me once, but it wasn't enough for me to locate him. One of the managers came over and asked if I was finding everything ok and I told him I couldn't find my son. He immediately radioed a code ADAM which locks down the whole store until the missing child (turd) is found. About ten minuted later he was found and he spent the rest of our trip buckled tightly into the shopping cart.

My visiting teacher brought over a platter of goodies this afternoon and I couldn't have needed it more. Today was my first day off of medication since the surgery and the homemade caramels hit the spot.

5 comments:

andre'a said...

Thitho, that is SO CRAZY! I'm so sorry.

andre'a said...

also, funny. you and your name calling.

andre'a said...

love you!

andre'a said...

miss you'th!

andre'a said...

any new year's resolutions?