Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It takes everyone to make the Y go round.

I just got back from my first official meeting as Y staff. They were orienting us to the new building and showing various emergency procedures. I was surprised at how many people are working at the new Y. And another thing I was surprised about was how different everyone is from each other. It was really cool to see that each of us in our differences has a niche that we can fill perfectly. I'm not uptight or mechanical, so I would never be good at the administrative stuff. I love my kids, but I would never want to work in the daycare (I get enough of that at home). I do have a love of health and fitness and people though. Just another way I feel so blessed to have this opportunity.

2 comments:

andre'a said...

that's so great, Thitho! Are you going to put pics on of your new "y"? It looked really nice when we drove by there.

andre'a said...

i love to stay at the
y
m
c
a
!