Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cannon Beach, OR '09






We had a great time in Cannon Beach. Bryce and Parker were at my parent's house, so it was just Ryan, me, Ollie, and Halea. We did not get any rain while we were there, so we definitely counted our blessings for that. We camped and took most of our own food to keep costs down. We walked the beach a couple of times and enjoyed the sights and smells around us. Ryan took Ollie on his first bumper car ride ~ he didn't enjoy it very much. We looked at a lot of art in the galleries and learned about some of the artists. Although we missed the older boys, it was nice to be able to go into galleries and shops that we normally would not be able to go into with the whole herd.
I have to mention the reason why Cannon Beach is such a significant place for us. When Ryan and I first met, during our first conversation, Cannon Beach came up. He had spent every summer there growing up, and I had been taking Bryce there during the summer to start that tradition with him. While we were talking, I wondered what it would be like to go to Cannon Beach with him. And I didn't have to wonder very long because we were married five months later. We love it every time we go.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm so glad you had fun. I'll call you! Love you!!!

andre'a said...

that's so great, Monners! We haven't talked in foreva! Love you, I'll be home tomorrow.

Monica said...

Sure wish I had unlimited long distance. Since both of you girls do, you should call me more.