Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The cleanse

Not the colon cleansing kind. I'm talking about the process of deciding what's worth keeping and what I can do without. We live in a 3,000 square foot home, so the idea of downsizing to a 38 ft max trailer is very motivating. Rather than being weighed down by stuff, we're going to be free to live and "do" stuff.
Going through baby clothes that I will never have a baby to put in again was hard. Tossing Halea's last cast was not (why did I keep that?) I'm a sentimental fool. I've keep every card I've ever been given, every letter that's ever been written, countless journals from times I'd rather forget. It's amazing how much paper I've lugged with me.
I like to take my sweet time to cleanse in waves. This first wave is all the extra crap I don't need now. The next one will be the stuff that we kind of need to live. And the last one will be an estate sale of sorts where only the things that we haven't already gotten rid of and will not be taking with us will be sold. Everything must go! But at least we have roughly 2 years before we go!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

So exciting!!! And the cleansing process is so nice.

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey